Dear customers and partners!
This is the Hosting and Infrastructure team of ASAP Lab.
Continuous improvement forms the basis of our Managed Hosting Solution for CS-Cart, Multi-Vendor, Magento 2, PrestaShop, WordPress and WooCommerce. Let us share some awesome updates and useful improvements we introduced in January and February 2022 to make your website operation even more stable and secure.
1. We have started providing dedicated IPv6 (with IPv4 for sure) addresses to all our customers. The latest Internet Protocol (IP) version is faster and helps connect more services and devices to the internet to make it more stable and accessible.
2. We improved the Graphs and Stats page in the customer's account dashboard to make visualization clear for you. All necessary statistics about your project performance in one place.
3. Starting from January 2022 we reinforced our team with a dedicated information security specialist. He is now identifying vulnerabilities on client’s sites, including vulnerabilities in 3rd party software.
The last security penetration test revealed a critical vulnerability in the VIVAshop theme default add-on, which led to the SQL injection vulnerability (OWASP A1:2017 Injection). We calculated CVSS Score for this vulnerability and the result was 9.7 points from 10. We created a working proof of concept request to get sensitive information from the database and made the denial-of-service attack (DoS attack) that confirms there is a high vulnerability risk and catastrophic impact on the business as a result.
Our engineers prepared a fix to mitigate the vulnerability and informed all our customers with the installed VIVAshop theme on the necessity to implement the patch.
4. We implemented an additional layer of protection against bots and security scanners. Let’s check statistics in our next changelog.
5.We continue to upgrade our monitoring system on a regular basis to detect errors within a shorter period of time and fix issues in automated mode for VPS and Cloud hosting solutions.
6. We make final preparations before introducing new regions of presence. Very soon we’ll announce these regions and new options. As you remember, hosting on a data center close to your customers helps to increase the load speed of online stores and compete for local search.
7. We are proud to state that our response time is now 6 min 17 sec on average (against 15 minutes as declared in our Service Level Agreement). Isn’t it wonderful? Security of your business is our top priority.
By the way, let us remind you that we strongly recommend to perform load testing of your projects before any major changes: releases, updates and high sales seasons. This quick and cost-effective service will help you understand the maximum performance of your project at peak times and increase resources if needed. Protect yourselves from system unavailability when you expect an increase in sales.
Thank you for staying with us!
P.S. We operate as normal and do our best to guarantee the stability and security of your websites’ operation by SLA as we did from the very beginning of our partnership.
In case you have any questions, please do not hesitate to address our Custom Care team via MyCloud- your personal dashboard of our Managed Hosting Solution for most popular PHP-based eCommerce platforms.