Project Performance Testing is a comprehensive technical performance audit of an online store that shows the strengths and weaknesses of the project comprising server side, code and database bottlenecks and basic security issues. Forewarned is forearmed - this is exactly why Performance Investigation is carried out.
Signs of low performance
What should a good Performance Testing include
Project Performance Testing is a complex service that includes several steps and 360º check of your IT infrastructure. Let’s see how we perform a Complex Project Performance Investigation in ASAP Lab.
- Evaluation of the current state of the project
- Server check
- Basic security check
- Code and SQL server bottlenecks check
- Complex infrastructure check
- Recommendations on how to improve the project
- The second load testing.
Read more: Advanced Security Audit for online stores and marketplaces
What is next?
Based on the collected data, we generate a report and a set of recommendations for optimizing the work of the project. You will get a "complete picture of the world" in order to understand exactly what and how to improve in order to have a tangible effect in terms of productivity and stability of the project.
- List of server settings that require optimization or fine-tuning
- Report on the server and website performance
- List of bottlenecks in the project code and sql queries
- Results of basic security testing
- List of expert recommendations for performance optimization
Now you have a roadmap to a higher website productivity, it’s time to make changes to the project. Following the received recommendations you can either fix the detected issues by yourself, or hire ASAP Lab team to fully optimize your project.
Read more: How to Pick the Best MSP for Your Business
How often do you need a server performance audit?
It’s best to fully check your systems at least once a year or after every major software update. For seasonal businesses it’s recommended to order an audit at least a month before the start of the active sales season. This way, you’ll have enough time to optimize your project and make it ready for all the online shoppers.
Aside from that, you might need an audit in following cases:
- Server maintenance is unreasonably expensive and you want to change it
- You’re going to launch on a new market
- You’re considering switching to new more powerful hardware
More and more visitors associate the speed of your website and its overall performance with the quality of your brand in general. So take good care of your IT systems to be ahead of the game and never have outages! Competitors never sleep :)